At the risk of sounding too “sales-y,” I’m going to shamelessly promote a website which I have no affiliation with but only because when I discovered the Twitter app last night I got embarrassingly excited! Here is a simple site of an upgrade you can make today to your Facebook Fan Page! I have been using Involver for quite some time now for the Facebook Pages I manage. If you’re not using it, you should be. It’s extremely user-friendly and allows you to upload 2 applications per page for FREE! After that, it can get a little pricey (starting at $99/month) especially for a smaller business.
Now you’re thinking well which two should I choose? There are over 20 different applications (not all free), but here are my top FREE picks with matchmaking criteria:
Upload the Welcome Tab IF:
- You are trying to increase your Facebook fans aka “likes”.
- You want to set your page apart from the others and look like an expert!
- You have the capabilities to create a custom image that is 540 pixels wide (the size of the Facebook frame).
Upload the Twitter App IF:
- You are very active on Twitter and having conversations with your followers that you wish you could simultaneously post to your Facebook page.
- You are looking to grow your Twitter fan base.
Upload the YouTube App IF:
- You have a YouTube stream for your brand that you consistently update and would like to broadcast these videos to your fans through a tab.
Upload the Flickr OR Photo Gallery App IF:
- You have a Flickr account and update it consistently.
- Photos are extremely important to your business. You may be a photographer, event planner, florist, etc.
Another awesome feature of Involver is that they have custom icons. This means that when you go to click on your tab you will see for example, the Twitter bird that livens up your page more than the gray arrow icon on the "Welcome" tab featured to the left that was custom created by Static FBML.